|Welcome to my personal page!
||Name: Mikhail V. Shokhirev
Nickname: Mike Shock
Birth date: 12th of November 1958
Profession: software developer
Location: Shadrinsk, Russian Federation (somewhere between the
Urals & Siberia)
|More details are in my resume.
My professional interests include:
About me: an Open Source propagandist, a member of 'Caiman' Programmers Club, a vegetarian, Buddhist-oriented, Japan-devoted.
Programming languages: Perl, Java, C#, Ruby, C++, C, Pascal, Modula-2, Oberon, PL/1, Fortran, Cobol.
- I enjoy Perl, and it suites me most. But I used to write programs using the languages mentioned
Network programming: webservices - XML-RPC, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI.
It's very interesting to develop cross-platform object-oriented systems .
You need to know much more than these...
- XML-technologies: XSL, XHTML,
XUL, SVG, SMIL, WebDAV, Jabber / XMPP.
- Tracing their development since 1997, and actually using them.
- Cross-platform solutions: Java (Java SE/ME/EE), Mozilla, OpenOffice, Eclipse, JDeveloper
- Work is comfortabe when the environment's the same across different OSes...
- DBMS/SQL: [Visual] FoxPro,
There's no serious programming without databases, is it?
Object-oriented programming (OOP), design (OOD), analysis (OOA): UML.
I liked OOP from the my first aquaintance with it and I still believe that nothinsg's better.
Component-base distributed multi-tier systems: Java EE, Mozilla, .NET/Mono, Ruby on Rails.
Thin client + application server + ... + RDBMS = reliable scalable system
- Operating systems: Unix (Linux,
*BSD), Novell NetWare, OS/2, Windows 9x/2000/XP/2003.
I fell in love with Unix long ago and love Linux greatly, but have to work under Windows as well...
Text processing: regular expressions (regexes), macroprocessing.
It's all because of my linguistic nature.
At leisure I listen to the music (often), read books (not as often as I'd
wish), watch films (rarely).
Copyright © 2001-2006, Mike
Permanently UNDER CONSTRUCTION, like most other sites...